CALL FOR PAPER
DEADLINES: JANUARY 15 AND MARCH 15, 2019
Published under the authority of:
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR BILINGUAL EDUCATION
Virgina Vinuesa Benítez
Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
Cinthia Meraz Pantoja
Teacher, El Paso ISD
The University of Texas at El Paso
El Paso, Texas 79968
The NABE Journal of Research and Practice (NJRP) is an edited volume of scholarly publications that serves as an archival record for the National Association for Bilingual Education (NABE). It is a peer-reviewed publication that seeks articles that examine research, pedagogy, policies, theory, and cultural issues that impact bilingual education, teaching, and learning. Qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods studies that can contribute to the growing knowledge base on bilingual education models and best practices are especially welcome. Position papers, and articles focused on applied educational research and research infused classroom practices are also welcome. The NJRP publishes articles written in either English or Spanish. The Editorial Board will consider clarity and timeliness of the content in judging the quality of the manuscripts. Beginning on January 2019, the Journal will be published by Taylor and Francis Group, and will be indexed.
Format and Style Requirements
- Authors should follow APA (6th edition) guidelines for style, citations and references. Those not following APA style will be returned without being reviewed.
- Manuscripts should be between 15-25 pages, double-spaced, Times New Roman, size 12” font, and one-inch margins.
- Submit manuscripts in a “blind” format and include a separate MS Word-doc/x-file with name(s), addresses, telephone numbers, E-Mail addresses and institutional affiliations of author(s).
- Include a brief abstract of no more than 150 words describing the essence of the manuscript.
- It is the author’(s) responsibility to ensure that reviewers’ comments are addressed and that any stylistic and grammatical errors are corrected prior to publication.
- Papers accepted for publication in the NJRP become the copyright of the National Association for Bilingual Education.
2019 NABE JOURNAL OF RESEARCH AND PRACTICE